120 W. MARKET STREET – VIEW MAP
Preservation park can be found on Market Street behind the Preservation Station in the historic Rose Hill Neighborhood. Among other events, the Park has been host to the annual Jeff Fest Event for the past several years.
- .75 Acres
- Flag pole
- Park benches
- Indoor building (private) for rental call 812-28TRAIN or 812-288-7246 or visit http://www.jeffclarkpreservation.com/trainstation.html
In 1929, the Pennsylvania Railroad built a station on Mitchell Avenue to serve as a freight and passenger depot for Jeffersonville and Clarksville. During the 1937 flood, many of those displaced by the flood waters were taken north by train from the station. Military personnel also left from the station to serve in World War II and the Korean War, and it was to this same station that many were welcomed home by family and friends. In 1985, the station was offered to Jeff-Clark Preservation, if they would move it to another site. The group moved the station to its present site in 1986 and completed the renovation in 1987. The station is now used as a meeting facility.
- Mike Smith - District 1
- Dawn to Dusk